Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation 2021 Scholarships - Now Closed
February 15, 2021
Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation 2021 Scholarships
Supporting our people financially to be all they can be
The Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation General and A.R.T Scholarships are provided to encourage and support students to undertake higher level studies (Heke and above) at Te Wānanga o Raukawa in 2021.
Students from any iwi may apply however, preference will be given to members of A.R.T - Te Āti Awa ki Whakarongotai, Ngāti Toa Rangatira and Ngāti Raukawa ki te Tonga.
Open to fulltime or part time students studying over 0.5 study load enrolled at heke, poutuarongo, poutāhū and tāhuhu level in 2021, with the exception of:
- Te Wānanga o Raukawa staff
- Kura and college students
- Teacher training students eligible for a TeachNZ study award or scholarship
- Te Wānanga o Raukawa students eligible for TEC TAFL or Fees Free funding and;
- Students who are in receipt of any other scholarships.
All students needing financial assistance to study should apply, applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Amount to be determined for full-time students. Students studying over 0.5 part-time receive an amount respective to their study load.
31 March 2021. All applicants will be notified of the outcome mid April 2021 and upon confirmation of enrolment.
- This scholarship is a contribution only towards the study fees at Te Wānanga o Raukawa and may not meet all course or fee costs.
- The scholarship is conditional on fulfilment of all study requirements of the programme.
- Where requirements are not met the recipient may be required to repay the amount of the scholarship to Te Wānanga o Raukawa in 2021. If students are not progressing satisfactorily the second instalment may not be paid.
- Non completion in previous years – if reapplying, the academic record for previous years will be checked and preference given to students with a sound academic history.
- Scholarships may not be available for students receiving major scholarships ($3,000 or more). Applicants are to declare in their application if they have or may apply for other scholarships in 2021.
Payments will be applied to the 2021 fees in two instalments (mid year and end of year). More information about payments will be provided in the applicants’ success letter.
Before completing the application ensure you have read and understand eligibility and criteria information. The following information is required when completing the application:
- Iwi and hapū details
- Contact details
- Name of the programme/qualification you are enrolled in
- Bank account details (payable only where fees have already been paid)
Applications will open for the 2022 year in January 2022, please check back for detials.
Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation
For more information on the Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation visit www.tworfoundation.co.nz.
Kia rangatira te tū a Te Wānanga o Raukawa, hei whare ako whakatupu hoki i te mātauranga.
Media Release: New kaupapa Māori digital training programme and start-up incubator to inspire greater Māori participation in Aotearoa’s digital revolution
Te Wānanga o Raukawa, a tertiary education provider in Ōtaki, has joined with tech industry leaders to establish a new digital learning programme grounded in te reo, tikanga and mātauranga Māori. Whitihiko ki te Ao is a vision and programme of...Read More