Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation 2021 Scholarships - Now Open!
February 15, 2021
Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation 2021 Scholarships – now open!
Supporting our people financially to be all they can be
The Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation General and A.R.T Scholarships are provided to encourage and support students to undertake higher level studies (Heke and above) at Te Wānanga o Raukawa in 2021.
Students from any iwi may apply however, preference will be given to members of A.R.T - Te Āti Awa ki Whakarongotai, Ngāti Toa Rangatira and Ngāti Raukawa ki te Tonga.
Open to fulltime or part time students studying over 0.5 study load enrolled at heke, poutuarongo, poutāhū and tāhuhu level in 2021, with the exception of:
- Te Wānanga o Raukawa staff
- Kura and college students
- Teacher training students eligible for a TeachNZ study award or scholarship
- Te Wānanga o Raukawa students eligible for TEC TAFL or Fees Free funding and;
- Students who are in receipt of any other scholarships.
All students needing financial assistance to study should apply, applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Amount to be determined for full-time students. Students studying over 0.5 part-time receive an amount respective to their study load.
31 March 2021. All applicants will be notified of the outcome mid April 2021 and upon confirmation of enrolment.
- This scholarship is a contribution only towards the study fees at Te Wānanga o Raukawa and may not meet all course or fee costs.
- The scholarship is conditional on fulfilment of all study requirements of the programme.
- Where requirements are not met the recipient may be required to repay the amount of the scholarship to Te Wānanga o Raukawa in 2021. If students are not progressing satisfactorily the second instalment may not be paid.
- Non completion in previous years – if reapplying, the academic record for previous years will be checked and preference given to students with a sound academic history.
- Scholarships may not be available for students receiving major scholarships ($3,000 or more). Applicants are to declare in their application if they have or may apply for other scholarships in 2021.
Payments will be applied to the 2021 fees in two instalments (mid year and end of year). More information about payments will be provided in the applicants’ success letter.
Before completing the application ensure you have read and understand eligibility and criteria information. The following information is required when completing the application:
- Iwi and hapū details
- Contact details
- Name of the programme/qualification you are enrolled in
- Bank account details (payable only where fees have already been paid)
To begin your application click on the button below.
Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation
For more information on the Te Wānanga o Raukawa Foundation visit www.tworfoundation.co.nz.
Kia rangatira te tū a Te Wānanga o Raukawa, hei whare ako whakatupu hoki i te mātauranga.
Stories capture the feats of fearless Māori women in the domain of Hinemoana with the release of 'Manawa Hine'
Te Tākupu, at Te Wānanga o Raukawa is pleased to share their latest publication, written by Kuini Rikihana and beautifully translated into Te Reo Māori by Hēni Jacob. The book is a creative re-telling of four tūpuna wāhine stories and is...Read More