Contribute to the mātauranga continuum
E kore au e ngaro he kākano i ruia mai i Rāngiātea.
It’s time to make the commitment to contribute to the body of Māori knowledge, its survival and expansion. Now you know who we are and what we offer, you’ll find everything you need to know about the application process and how to apply online in this section. Once you’ve had a chance to read through the pre-enrolment information, gather your necessary documents, take a deep breathe, relax and enrol. Nau mai ki tō tātou Wānanga!
Please note: Applications at Diploma level and above have now closed for the 2021 academic year; all submitted applications received for Heke, Poutuarongo, Poutāhū and Tāhuhu will be progressed for the 2022 academic year (this does not affect any of the poupou intakes for semester 2).
Steps to Applying online
- Before you begin your online application, click on the PRE ENROLMENT INFORMATION button below.
- Ready to apply? ka rawe! Finish reading the information below and click the APPLY NOW button and begin the registration/application process.
- You will be redirected to Te Ara our student portal. When you register for the portal, record your username and password somewhere safe. Use these details whenever you sign in to the portal.
- Te Ara is your gateway to your education journey with Te Wānanga o Raukawa. Here you will be able to: enrol online, track the progress of your enrolment, change your details and access your Student Office 365 portal.
- Once you complete your registration in Te Ara – Scroll down to My Journey (on the same page) and start a new enrolment under My Enrolment Applications.
Checklist to apply
- I.D - Birth/marriage certificate or passport.
- Correct qualification written somewhere handy to ensure you select the correct course of study and level.
- Applicants 17 years and under will require a parent or guardian signature on the student declaration.
- Anyone not born in New Zealand (NZ) will need to provide evidence of NZ residency or citizenship.
We can assist you if you are unsure about your NSI (National Student Index), the year you left school or details of any previous study.
Once your enrolment is confirmed, you will be emailed details for your Te Wānanga o Raukawa Student Office 365 account. This is yours to use while you study with Te Wānanga o Raukawa. Your Office 365 account provides you with a student email address, access to Microsoft Word, Excel and other handy applications. You can also log in to Mūrau, our online learning environment, with your Office 365 account to access your course materials.
If you need assistance, contact Te Tomonga (Office of Enrolments) email@example.com or call 0800 WANANGA (0800 926 2642).
- Studying with Us - Start Here
- New to Wānanga studies? - Find out more about us here
- Ngā Ākoranga - Our Courses
- Contribute to the Mātauranga Continuum - All the information you need to apply online
- Nau mai ki te Wānanga - Everything you need to know as an enrolled student
- Other Support and Services - Gym, Cafe, Our publishing House
Before you apply - Handy Tips
- Have a pen and paper handy to record the qualification you are applying for.
- Take a photo of your I.D (birth/marriage certificate or passport) ready to upload.
- Prepare any necessary documentation i.e iwi and hapū support letter
Heke = Diploma
Poutuarongo = Bachelor
Poutāhū = Postgraduate Diploma