Coronavirus Covid-19 information
Updated 6 July 2021
We all have a role to play in containing and minimising the spread of the coronavirus Covid-19 within Aotearoa. Te Wānanga o Raukawa (TWoR) is committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and communities, this is at the forefront of every decision we make.
Rangatiratanga requires us to make decisions that are in the best interests of our kaimahi, ākonga, manuhiri, hapori and whānau in these challenging times. At alert level 2 we need to remain vigilant. Covid-19 is in our communities and the possibility of spread and raised alert levels is a reality. At alert level 2 we need to be prepared for a shift to level 3. We are our own best protection, kia mataara!
The Ōtaki campus at Te Wānanga o Raukawa returns to Alert Level 1 from 11.59pm Tuesday 29 June, aligned with the government’s covid response.
Hui Rumaki Reo
Revised Hui Rumaki Reo dates for the postponed Ōtaki campus are 17-22 Aug 2021 and 24-29 Aug 2021. Please keep an eye out for communications advising which Hui Rumaki you should be attending. Ngā mihi i ōu koutou manawanui!
If you have any concerns about covid-19 and the impact on your study or are feeling anxious please make contact with your pūkenga or email Te Ohu Haumaru at email@example.com. For queries about HRR email Weropupu.Rau@twor-otaki.ac.nz.
- Please do not come on to a Te Wānanga o Rauakwa campus or site if you or someone in your immediate whānau is unwell - students, staff and visitors.
- Everyone must register with Kaitiaki or reception upon arrival to campus or site with I.D. Please ensure you use the government’s Covid tracer app to scan in.
- Download the TWoR app (Schools App) and use the Covid-19 option to check-in on arrival to campus/site and check-out when you leave. The latest updates will also be posted to the app.
- Venue hirers must supply a covid-19 contingency plan - TWoR reserve the right to cancel any event or booking.
- Continue to wash your hands regularly, sneeze into your elbow, clean high-touch surfaces (surfaces you touch often) etc.
- All students attending residential noho on campus/site will attend a covid-19 presentation.
- In line with Kaitiakitanga and in response to Covid-19 Alert Level 2 for our Wānanga, we will not be able to provide accommodation support for children or family members at residential noho or any other time at the Ōtaki campus, with the exception of Heke and Poutuarongo Reo students attending daily classes with babies who are nursing.
Tikanga for pōwhiri has been adapted to reduce contact in a way that preserves the rangatiratanga of every person present. Until otherwise advised, the following applies to pōwhiri at Te Wānanga o Raukawa.
- Karanga will occur in the normal format
- Whaikōrero will occur in the normal format
- Upon completion of the final speaker, a waerea (karakia) will take place to complete this part of the pōwhiri
- Pao to kai will occur in the normal format
Kai will be shared in the wharekai in a manner that supports rangatiratanga.
During these unsettled times it is okay to NOT TOUCH, TWoR supports and respects each persons decision – its okay to not hug, hongi or touch.
Be prepared to move to online learning should alert levels move. Keep an eye out for communications from your academic whare.
Where students are in regions with higher alert levels, they must NOT come on to campus or site. Alternative arrangements will be made to continue your learning online.
- At Alert Level 2 – dependent on numbers and accommodation noho will proceed where it is deemed safe to do so, unless otherwise stated.
- At Alert Level 3 – learning will continue online.
- At Alert Level 4 – learning will continue online.
Te Wānanga o Raukawa asks anyone directly impacted to let us know immediately:
Kia tau ai ngā haumarutanga ki runga i a tātou katoa
For more information about the virus visit:
- Ministry of Health website https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- Unite against Covid-19 website https://covid19.govt.nz/
Your browser may cache (remember) older versions of this page. Reload this page for the most recent version.
Financial Assistance for Ākonga
Stay updated with our stance on Covid-19 and other pānui
Download the Te Wānanga o Raukawa app from your device app store:
- Go to your device app store – Apple store or Google Play
- Download the SchoolAppsNZ
- Go to ‘Schools’ type in ‘Te Wānanga o Raukawa’ and ‘join’
- Choose the ‘General’ and 'Covid-19' groups to receive all relevant information.
Congratulations to all our 2020 graduates. All graduates will receive a graduation package in the mail early March including an invitation to attend the 2021 ceremony in December to celebrate and be awarded your graduation taonga. If you are urgently requiring your award before March, please contact your academic area.
Visit the Ministry of Health website for latest updates on Covid-19.
The government's Unite against Covid-19 website is also a good source of information about the virus and looking after yourself and your whānau.