Pūtea Tautoko | Covid-19 Hardship Support
Updated 15 December 2020
2020 has been an unprecedented year in the history of Aotearoa and we appreciate that many of our ākonga may have experienced additional financial hardship beyond your control.
In order to support you to continue your studies and ease some of the pressure faced during this time, we may be able to provide you with additional financial support.
If you have been affected financially by:
- A loss of, or reduced hours in employment
- Issues covering accommodation
- Unable to pay everyday bills or cover groceries
- Unforeseen costs in technology, equipment or other added requirements for studying online
We may be able to provide you with some short-term financial support if you are deemed to be in hardship due to any of the above.
Covid-19 Tautoko Fund
This fund can support any basic living costs that you are unable to meet, including food, utilities, rent or unexpected costs.
The fund is unable to support you with:
- Payment of tuition fees
- Payment of additional course expenses
- Payment of debt accumulation
You can apply if an unexpected event has caused financial difficulties and is affecting your study with us. You may be eligible if you:
- Have been affected from 23 March 2020 (from the beginning of Alert Level 4);
- Have not previously received any financial hardship support from Te Wānanga o Raukawa
- Are currently enrolled and have been previously engaged in your studies at Heke (Diploma) level and above at Te Wānanga o Raukawa; and
- Live in New Zealand
You may need to provide evidence to support your application i.e. demonstrate this financial hardship is a direct result of Covid-19.
Closing date for receiving applications is Thursday 17 December 2020, unless funds are exhausted prior to this date. APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED.
All applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
The value of each grant awarded is $500.00. Only one grant will be awarded per person.
How to Apply
Complete the online application below, for assistance email email@example.com
For assistance with technology or connectivity issues please visit: https://www.wananga.com/technology-support-office-365-and-murau.html.
Places of Tautoko
- Covid-19 Financial support website
- MoneyTalks is able to provide free, confidential financial advice
- Work and Income Wage subsidy is available for all students who are entitled to work part time, casual or contracted and is paid to your employer
- StudyLink may be able to provide additional support at this time of need if you no longer are receiving an income
- Whānau Ora partners may be able to support you to get help
- Tenancy Services find out your rights here, landlords are unable to increase rents or end tenancy during this time
- Sorted Budgeting Tool
Covid-19 Temporary Income Relief Payment (CIRP) for eligible students who have lost paid employment due to Covid-19 - available from 8 June 2020
Remember, your local council will have a list of community groups and organisations who can support you during this time or reconnect with your hapū to find out what support they have in place for whānau.