Pūtea Tautoko | Covid-19 Hardship Support
Updated 23 September 2021
The last few years have been unprecedented with the arrival of covid on our shores. We appreciate that many of our ākonga may have experienced additional financial hardship beyond your control impacting on your ability to concentrate on study.
If covid has been affecting your ability to continue your learning journey with us due to any of the reasons below, we may be able to provide support both for hardship and connectivity to keep you on track to completing your studies this year.
- A loss of, or reduced hours in employment
- Increased pressures of work and whānau
- Issues covering accommodation
- Unable to pay everyday bills or cover groceries
- Unforeseen costs in technology, equipment or other added requirements for studying online
Covid-19 Tautoko Fund
You can apply if an unexpected event has caused financial difficulties and is affecting your study with us. Eligibility includes:
- Have been affected from 1 September 2021;
- Students may be able to reapply if requiring further financial support after one month, this is conditional upon availability and location, with preference given to students residing in Auckland;
- Are currently enrolled and engaged in your studies at Te Wānanga o Raukawa; and
- Are a New Zealand resident or citizen.
You will need to provide evidence to support your application i.e. demonstrate this financial hardship is a direct result of Covid.
Poupou | Certificate
- $250 per applicant and if required
- 1 month's connectivity
Heke (Diploma level) and above living in the Greater Auckland Region
- Students from the Greater Auckland area will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for hardship and connectivity support. The value determined will be awarded according to needs.
Heke (Diploma level) and above living outside of the Greater Auckland Region
- Up to $500 including connectivity support. Reviewed on a case by case basis.
How to Apply
Complete the online application below, for assistance email email@example.com. IMPORTANT: Failure to answer the application questions correctly may cause a delay in receiving support.
All supporting documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org