Pūtea Tautoko | Covid-19 Hardship Support
Updated 23 June 2021
If you are a Te Wānanga o Raukawa student and wish to talk to someone about returning home on or after 23 June from kura tautoko or noho at the Ōtaki campus, contact your pūkenga about supports available.
2020 was an unprecedented year in the history of Aotearoa and we appreciate that many of our ākonga may have experienced additional financial hardship beyond your control and for some, continuing on into 2021.
In order to support you to continue your studies and ease some of the pressure faced during this time, we may be able to provide you with additional financial support.
If you have been affected financially by:
- A loss of, or reduced hours in employment
- Issues covering accommodation
- Unable to pay everyday bills or cover groceries
- Unforeseen costs in technology, equipment or other added requirements for studying online
We may be able to provide you with some short-term financial support if you are deemed to be in hardship due to any of the above.
Covid-19 Tautoko Fund
This fund can support any basic living costs that you are unable to meet, including food, utilities, rent or unexpected costs.
The fund is unable to support you with:
- Payment of tuition fees
- Payment of additional course expenses
- Payment of debt accumulation
You can apply if an unexpected event has caused financial difficulties and is affecting your study with us. You may be eligible if you:
- Have been affected from 23 April 2021;
- Have not previously received any financial hardship support from Te Wānanga o Raukawa
- Are currently enrolled and engaged in your studies at Heke (Diploma) level and above at Te Wānanga o Raukawa; and
- Live in New Zealand
You will need to provide evidence to support your application i.e. demonstrate this financial hardship is a direct result of Covid-19.
Closing date for receiving applications is Thursday 30 June 2022, unless funds are exhausted prior to this date.
All applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
The value of each grant awarded will be reviewed case by case, however, only one grant per person will be awarded.
How to Apply
Complete the online application below, for assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org
All supporting documents should be emailed to email@example.com