Technology support, Office 365 and Mūrau
Updated 5 June 2020
Technology Access Fund
We may be able to assist students who are having difficulties continuing their studies because of technology or connectivity issues throughout covid-19. Available for full-time students, and possibly part-time students, according to need.
- Studying at Te Wānanga o Raukawa (preference given to students studying at Heke level or above but all should apply)
- Have been active in your study up until 24 March 2020
- Technology or connectivity access is a real issue impacting on your study. Some examples may be:
- Device issues since being in lock-down – broken, old and not being able to download appropriate software etc.
- Current device is not suitable or does not meet technical requirements
- Limited wifi access due to your location, funds etc.
For advice or to apply, please contact the Learner Support Call Centre on 0800 WANANGA (0800 9262 642) and follow the voice prompts or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft Office 365
As a student of Te Wānanga o Raukawa you can access the online version of Microsoft Office, including online storage. This resource is free and available for the duration of your study. You will receive your Microsoft Office 365 details when you complete your enrolment, or you can email email@example.com for assistance.
To access Office 365 online, go to https://www.office.com and sign in with your Te Wānanga o Raukawa student details. To reset your password or your Microsoft Office 365 account contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Microsoft Teams app to your computer or device by following this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app.
For your phone or tablet, download the Office 365 and Teams apps from your device App store, install and log in using your Student Office 365 account details. These tools are essential for the duration of your time studying with us.
For online tutorials in Teams visit: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/microsoft-teams-videotraining-4f108e54-240b-4351-8084-b1089f0d21d7.
For support with the following apps:
- Word Documents - https://support.office.com/en-us/word
- Excel Spreadsheets - https://support.office.com/en-us/excel
- Outlook Email - https://support.office.com/en-us/outlook
For support using the Office Tools, macrons or technical advice email email@example.com.
Here are the recommended minimum specifications for a laptop suitable to carry out your studies:
- CU Processor – 2.3GHz
- Screen Size – 13.3” preferable for video
- 250GB Hard Drive
- 8GB RAM
- Webcam – integrated or separate
- Speakers – integrated or separate
- Windows 10 Home
- Microsoft Office 365
- Integrated a/b/g/n wireless
- Internet connectivity
Mūrau (moodle) is the learning management system where online courses occur. All undergraduate Iwi and Hapū Studies and Te Ako Mai i Tawhiti (MAIT) reo programmes are fully online, and most specialisation courses have online content. Your pūkenga will let you know if they have content online. If your course is on mūrau your log on details will be emailed to you.
Go to www.wananga.com and select ‘Mūrau’ in the top right menu or go to https://murau.wananga.com/login/index.php.
Contact your pūkenga for assistance with your course content and activities. If additional support is required they will work with Te Hiringa to give you the necessary advice to ensure your success.
For technical help logging on or accessing the Mūrau site contact the Mūrau support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.