Fees Free Study at Te Wānanga o Raukawa
The governments FEES FREE study scheme means that anyone new to tertiary education, no matter what age now has access to study the first year on any fee paying programme, for free.
You may be eligible if:
- It’s your first time studying at tertiary level or;
- You’ve studied previously and gained less than 60 credits.
If you are a New Zealander living overseas you may also be eligible. To find out if you qualify click here.
Please note: Students studying Poupou or certificate level courses are advised not to consume their Fees Free study eligibility on Poupou courses as this will affect any future eligibility for the fees free scheme on higher level fee paying qualifications.
If you’re new to study and looking to begin your career journey in 2020, we offer a range of one year Heke (Diploma’s) in a variety of specialised areas - the first year to a bachelor degree. You’ll not only gain an NZQA qualification at level 5 but be supported throughout and learn in a kaupapa Māori environment.
What will you save?
Your savings will vary depending on what you choose to study. The FEES FREE study scheme covers one year of study up to $12,000 or approximately 120 credits, and can be spread over more than one year. The enrolment fee and compulsory course costs are covered by the scheme.
Where to from here?
Check to see if you qualify, have your NSI number handy and visit https://www.feesfree.govt.nz/. If you’re thinking of enrolling with us, we’ll also be checking your eligibility.
Take a look at the Fees-Free-2020-Quick-Guide-General.pdf (0.17MB) – a handy flowchart to help you with the process.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions on the governments FEES FREE site.
Need advice? Call us on 0800 WANANGA to speak to Te Tomonga (Office of Enrolments) and make an informed choice about study for you, your whānau, hapū and iwi.
Changes during Covid-19
Restrictions due to Covid-19 has impacted the way student's information is verified, the Tertiary Education Commission has taken this into account. The following will apply over this time:
- If you have a ‘maybe’ eligible status you will need to generate a statutory declaration on the Fees Free website by selecting the eligibility criteria that applies to you.
- Print and sign the statutory declaration (if you can). If you do not have access to a printer contact the TEC Customer Contact Group for assistance email@example.com or phone 0800 601 301.
- Email a copy of the completed statutory declaration to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of photo identification (passport, drivers licence, etc.).
TEC will record receipt of the email and arrange a time for a TEC-authorised delegate to contact you to verify your identity and the information declared via a series of questions (instead of the witness signature process). Once completed, these questions and answers will be reviewed alongside the statutory declaration, and you will be advised of your Fees Free eligibility status.
http://www.wananga.com | 0800 WANANGA