Identification Requirements for Enrolment
2.0 Formal Identification is required from first time applicants to a Te Wānanga o Raukawa programme of study. Applicants must provide an accepted form of verification of identity, the following are accepted:
- A Current Passport; or
- A Birth Certificate; or
- A New Zealand Certificate of Citizenship; or
- A WINZ SWIFTT identification printout; or
- Verified identification letter from a government agency.
New Zealand citizens may supply other evidence of their legal name, for example marriage certificate or a letter from a bank, however they must still provide evidence of their date of birth, citizenship and residency.
- Applicants with a National Student Number (NSN) and a record status on the National Student Index (NSI) that is ‘active’ is suitable identification for enrolment.
- Applicants with a record status on the National Student Index that is ‘active’ can supply a Driver’s License, Firearms License or Hospitality 18+ card as suitable identification for enrolment.
2.1 Applicants who cannot access formal identification may be able to provide a whakapapa statement signed by both the student and a kaumātua. This requires certain conditions to be met. Contact Ratonga Ākonga (Student Services) for advice.
2.2 Returning Students may not need to provide identification documents if already held by Te Wānanga o Raukawa. This will be confirmed at enrolment.