ART 2017 Mātauranga Māori Scholarship
- Preference for descendents of the Confederation of Te Āti Awa, Ngāti Raukawa and Ngāti Toa Rangatira.
- Poutuarongo Mātauranga Māori 3 year degree.
- Commences in July 2017.
- Enrolments close 1 August 2017. PMM ART Scholarship 2017 (4.03MB).
Heke Reo Māori ART Scholarship
- For students from the Confederation of Te Āti Awa, Ngāti Raukawa and Ngāti Toa Rangatira.
- One scholarship per ART hapū available each year.
- Closing date for applications is early March. Application Form (0.08MB).
Ōtaki and Porirua Trusts Board Scholarships
- Supporting students in secondary school and tertiary level study with preference given to descendants of the Confederation of Te Āti Awa, Ngāti Raukawa and Ngāti Toa Rangatira.
- Ages 13 to 20 years inclusive may apply.
- Application period is 1 September to the day before Labour Day (usually the third week in October). Visit the Ōtaki and Porirua Trusts Board website to apply.
Te Hinemanu Ruakā Te Ūpokoiri Charitable Trust Scholarship
- Supporting Māori school leavers and wharekura students to study Māori language at Te Wānanga o Raukawa for the purposes of learning, teaching, researching and advancing te reo Māori and Māori history.
- Applications close 31 October. Application Form (0.08MB).
Ngāti Whakaue Education Scholarships
- Tertiary, postgraduate and other categories of scholarships available for descendants of Ngāti Whakaue.
- Application periods vary across scholarships.
- Visit the Ngāti Whakaue Endowment Trust Board website for more information.
- For promising Māori students.
- Undergraduate postgraduate and doctoral studies scholarships.
- Application period May to September. Visit the Ministry of Education website for more information.
Sir Apirana Ngata Memorial Scholarship
- Open to all Māori studying at tertiary level with preference given to descendants of Māori who served overseas during World War I.
- Applications open until 1st of May 2017. Download the application form from the Te Tumu Paeroa website.
Teach NZ Scholarships
- A range of scholarships to support entry into the teaching profession and teaching graduates.
- Application periods vary between October and March.
- Visit the Teach NZ website for scholarship information and how to apply.
Ngāti Kahungunu Scholarships & Internships
- General and research scholarships for iwi registered Ngāti Kahungunu descendants studying full-time in the third or final year of completing a degree, or doing post graduate study.
- Each year, applications open in February and close in May.
- More information on the Ngāti Kahungunu website.
Sir Hugh Kawharu Foundation Scholarships
- For full-time students studying cultural heritage, innovation in science or business at postgraduate level.
- For scholarship application times and information see the Sir Hugh Kawharu Foundation website.
Toitū Kaupapa Māori Mātauranga | Māori Education Trust
- Number of scholarships at secondary, undergraduate and postgraduate level to advance achievement in Māori education.
- Scholarship information available on the Māori Education Trust website.
Kia Ora Hauora Scholarship Database
New Zealand Federation of Graduate Women
- A range of scholarships, grants and awards assisting women in the pursuit of knowledge.
- National regional and international awards and fellowships.
- Visit the Graduate Women New Zealand website for information on how to apply.
- Find great scholarship links and tips on applying for scholarships on the Careers NZ website.
- Huge database of awards, scholarships and grants for those studying in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
- Tailor your search relevant to an area of study and study needs.
- Most public libraries and tertiary campus libraries are subscribers to the GivMe database.
- Ask at your local library or campus library for more information on using GiveMe.