ART Scholarship 2017
May 31, 2017
Scholarship opportunity for descendents of the confederation of iwi of Te Āti Awa, Ngāti Raukawa and Ngāti Toa Rangatira who migrated and settled in the Lower North Island in the early 1800's. The scholarship is for the three year Poutuarongo Mātauranga Māori (Bachelor Māori Studies) programme commencing in July 2017. The course will be delivered at the Te Wānanga o Raukawa Ōtaki campus, 144 Tasman Road, Ōtaki.
Selection of applicants for the scholarship will consider the following:
- Demonstrated involvement with marae, hapū and iwi. Priority will be given to those descendents of the confederation of Te Āti Awa, Ngāti Raukawa and Ngāti Toa Rangatira.
- Demonstrated strong interest in Māori culture and language.
- Evidence of invovlement in cultural and/or community and/or sporting events.
- Noho One 14-16 July
- Noho Two 18-20 July
- Noho Three 27-29 July
- Noho Four 24-26 November
- Hui Rumaki Reo One 24-29 October
- Hui Rumaki Reo Two 21-26 January 2018
How To Apply
- Complete the enrolment form and scholarship application below, or
- Phone 0800 926 2642 (0800 WANANGA) and press '1' for the Enrolments Officer, or
- Call in to the campus at 144 Tasman Road, Ōtaki.
Scholarship applications close on 1 August 2017.
To take up the scholarship offer you must study as a student of Te Wānanga o Raukawa only.
- PMM ART Scholarship 2017 (4.03MB)
Staff and students of Te Wānanga o Raukawa will soon be transitioning to 'single sign-on' making it easier for access to Mūrau (moodle) and Office 365, including all the applications available within the Microsoft Ofice suite. Students need to be...Read More